Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"Interesting" Discussion


While listening to this lecture yesterday we were talking about what different aspects of the novel symbolized and this picture popped into my head. I came across it on an app for a collection of "funny" pictures. This image reminds me of the different styles of analyzation of one particular piece. It also remind me of how we overcomplicate life and it's simplistic nature. Sometimes the curtains are just blue, they don't need to represent depression or the storm to come. They could simply be blue because I really like blue. Like all other authors Dickens could just be representing Pip as the child that he is, not a fantasist (no offense). Now that my argument has faded away, like the curtains in front of the window, it is important to remind ourselves to view life in both the simplistic and complex lens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment